Smarties Nursery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the school website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
How We Collect Information:
There are many ways we, as a school, will collect data from you, in particular we may:
• Send out forms via post for you to complete and return
• Provide links via the school newsletter or website to forms for you to fill out
• Use forms created on the website for you to fill out
What We Collect:
Online Forms and Survey:
On some parts of the website, you may be asked to provide some limited personal information via forms in order to enable the provision of certain services (e.g. registering for events) or to take part in surveys.
Smarties Nursery may store this information manually or electronically, by supplying this information you are consenting to the school holding and using the information for the purpose for which it was provided. Personal information collected and/or processed by the school is held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
In common with most websites, the website automatically logs certain information about the request made of it. This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information may be kept indefinitely.
The following data is automatically logged for each request:
• The name or network address of the computer making the request
• The date and time of the connection
• The status code of the request (success or failure)
• The number of data bytes sent in response
Logging additional information may be enabled temporarily from time to time for specific purposes.
In addition, the servers on which the website is hosted keep records of attempts (authorised and unauthorised) to use them for purposes other than access to the website. This data typically includes the date and time of the attempt, the service to which access was attempted, the name or network address of the computer making the connection, and may include details of what was done or was attempted to be done.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to help us understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• Update internal records to ensure that you can be contacted in an emergency
• Use the information to improve any services we provide to you as a Student, Parent or visitor
• Send newsletter alerts via email or post using the email address which you have provided
• From time to time, we may send you important information regarding the school by either post, email or providing links to the school website
Smarties Nursery is committed to ensuring that your information is always kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all the information we have.
Links to other websites: