What is Forest School?
Forest School is a child-centred inspirational learning process, that offers opportunities for holistic growth through regular sessions. It is a long-term program that supports play, exploration and supported risk-taking. It develops confidence and self-esteem through learner inspired, hands-on experiences in a natural setting.
Forest School has proven to develop the self-esteem and confidence of pre-school children through activities that involve creativity, working together and child-led learning.
What was your happiest childhood memory? Was it watching television?
Or was it climbing a tree, running along a windswept beach or paddling in a brook?
Here is a list of some of the activities and skills our children have been a part of and learned about
- Den building
- Natural crafts
- Call and response games- developing listening skills, safety based
- Fire safety
- Making campfires
- Fire lighting
- Toasting marshmallows
- Learning about wildlife, nature and birds
- Importance of looking after the environment
- Introduction to tools and woodworking
- Exploring natural materials
- Team building
- Problem solving skills
- Soil collection and plant growing
Have a look through some of our Forest School diaries to find out more.